counter

Friday, August 27, 2010

The World's Biggest Origami



Don't they say "All I needed to know I learned in kindergarten"! Well, I for one believe that.

Mark and I traveled seven states this week to get the biggest sheets of plastic cardboard you have ever seen. Left over stuff from Hurricane Katrina relief. They measure 8'x24' or for the metrics among you 2.4m by 7.2m  and we are going to do some Origami with them in a few weeks in Haiti.

After the dust is settled we hope to have three temporary houses. They will be used by earthquake victims who are going to build their new houses on the land we bought for that purpose. I sure hope that the folding will go as easy as they tell us. I have my doubts though, you should have seen us slithering in the rain trying to fold the sheets in neat packages to put on my little truck. But we got it done and the tents are now waiting in Florida for the airlift to Haiti in a few weeks.
Just wanted to share some of the pictures with you so you know what I mean with Origami.

First you do this!

Than this!



poor little truck it's flipping backwards!
than you hope to get this!


1 comment: