counter

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stella!!

I don't believe there is anything more peaceful than holding a sleeping baby. I'm sitting here with tears welling up in my eyes thinking about the moment that I for the first time saw my grand daughter. I thought for a moment my heart was gonna burst. And then to be able and sit down and babysit Stella for the first time while Mom and Dad were napping. Els and I were just eating it up, every second of it.
While sitting with her in my arms trying to eternally remember every second of this, my thoughts started to wander to all these beautiful kids I know in Haiti and who are largely missing out on that experience of being held. I think I will hold them even closer next time.
We always talk about "getting a baby" but Stella got a mommy and a daddy yesterday and four loving grand parents who all would like to hold her all day long. How many children can claim that.
In a year that started out with witnessing the most horrible things ever in my life I am also given the indescribable wonder of a new life added to our family. God heals wounds in His own perfect way.
I want to scream it from the mountain tops "I am an OPA"
Help us God to be gentle and sweet to all the little lives you put on our path because they are all worth it!


Stella just 4 hours in this world

 

No comments:

Post a Comment