counter

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Helping someone while cleaning out the fridge.

It says in the bible not to worry about tomorrow. What you will eat or which clothes you will wear. Kids today must really think that 's a joke. Why would you worry, the fridge is so full and mom has to clean it out every week because there is not enough room for the new groceries. And the clothes thing, well my daughters would stand in front of a packed clothes closet and claim they had nothing to wear. So we must not quite understand that thing about worry.
I have my own problem with it. I know I have enough. More than enough. But is it wrong that I still worry what I am going to feed my kids in Haiti tomorrow. I have to leave it up to God who knows what's best for me and who cares for all the creatures in this world, so imagine how much more for the kids in Haiti and me?
It also says ask and you shall receive. Now if I don't have to worry about tomorrow, why should I have to ask?

But then again, maybe it is alright to ask on behalf of others, for our neighbors, for those who God has put on our path.
Yeah, that's what it must be.
So here I go...
People, we need lots more to keep helping the poor an hungry in Haiti. Lots and lots and lots more. I can't help it. I am going back in a few weeks and I know that there is sooo.. much to do and sooo.. little time.
Maybe something to think about while you clean out the fridge or when you are trying to find something to wear. Maybe you can help me worry a little less.

One of the families waiting anxiously to get a home. They now live outside under a tarp.    
Despite my worries,we are gonna get these people homes to live and gardens to grow their crops. We have already started. Time enough to worry, later! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment