counter

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Heavenly Food !!

One morning recently when I was in Haiti, I sat down with the leaders of thirteen communities. They had come to share with me about the hunger in their villages. Thirteen faces with an expression of deep down grief. Some of them lost their own child, all of them lost children they knew. Nothing humbles me more than sitting down with parents who plead for their children. It could be me. I have held many of those kids in my arms while later I might find out they did not make it.
I did not want to give them empty promises. The only thing I could say was something that happened years ago. In an identical situation, when five centers had been closed because a Canadian government program was cut. All I had to say then ,was for all the villagers to pray and that I believed God would not return their prayers void. Three months later a man called me with a random question. We got to talk and a few weeks later we received the support to reopen the centers. God is so good!
That is what I told them now too. Pray and He will not leave you alone with your problems.
One of them answered "Let's not waste time then" and he started singing "Crown Him Lord of Lords".
One after another thirteen raw voices blended in. People on the bottom rung of civilization praising their Lord for the glimmer of hope they just received. People who carried their children to the grave.
What a faith!
And what an AWESOME GOD, because this afternoon I received a phone call that we will receive funding, allowing us to reopen the feeding centers soon. I am beside myself. Friday we are leaving to go back to Haiti and next week I may sit down with the same group. What a privilege. I know I am going to cry for joy together with them. Together we will be able to praise His Name! There is going to be food again.
Heavenly Food!

No comments:

Post a Comment